You’re proud of your work, and you believe in your vision. You have a client-focused approach to design, and you’re not satisfied until the product delivers a user experience the competition can only dream of. You believe in high quality design because that’s what drives you, and you’re inspired by people who feel the same way.
What Gets You Going:
- Organize and maintain design libraries and documents that enable the team to find the right assets when coding to ensure consistent user experience
- Groom all design tasks with the Director of Product or creative lead to be the voice in how the design components and flows are implemented
- Be the coordinator, monitor progress with design-related tasks during the development cycle and ensure that design links are added to all Jira tickets before sprint planning
- Work closely with the Project Manager and scrum master, and identify and escalate issues related to or impacting Customer/User experience or Product Experience
- Be responsible for Design QA and Design Sweep and Sign-Off during the delivery phase. Similar to how ongoing QA and final UAT process works within the delivery and launch cycles
- Correct UI design, implementing interactive states based on style guides, proper formatting and alignment based on initial designs provided
- Work with the cross-functional teams to advocate for user-centred experience and triage design related bugs and ensure that sprint velocity accounts for bug fixing
- Participate, on an ongoing basis, to be a thoughtful critique of visuals and functionality
- Report internally on a regular basis the status of the design experience end-user impact
- Uphold Spiria’s objective of delivering quality products based on time and budget
- Create the right tempo to collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve problems related to design experience and budgets
- Ensure design is multi-device ready (based on scope): proper formatting, scalability and reactive elements are adjusted and implemented before product launch
- Continuously communicate and document any changes made by client or due to internal technical limitations in the living design system
- Work with the Product Director in case of any functional/experience related changes during development cycle
What You’ve Done:
- 5+ years working experience as a Product or UX Designer
- A solid portfolio of work demonstrating UX and visual design skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience working with lean and agile design processes, rapid prototyping, and the ability to jump into any tool of the trade (Sketch, photoshop, Invision, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience designing across multiple platforms and understanding modern design patterns for Web, iOS, and Android
- The ability to design interactions, flows, and experiences that are simple
- AODA Certification is considered an asset
We're also looking for people who...
- Can work in a fast-paced startup environment or has experience working in a digital design agency able to stick to and meet deadlines
- Have been a part of a team that has successfully shipped a digital product
- Can easily tell the difference between a ‘good’ experience from ‘great’
- Focus on defining the problem first, to ensure the solution is right for use
Your work speaks for itself. We want your portfolio, not your resume. We won’t give you a list of criteria to meet, or a series of boxes to check. We’re not going to tell you how many years of experience makes a good designer. We’re not after your credentials: we want your talent.
How We Like To Give Back
- A fun, motivating work environment;
- Flexible schedule and remote work policy;
- Several different learning and development opportunities;
- Interesting and diverse projects;
- Endless supply of quality coffee, espresso, lattes, macchiatos. Because coffee = code!
Get to know us!
Powered by a passion for technology, Spiria designs and develops custom digital solutions for industry leaders who want to run better businesses, deliver more value to their customers and generate growth through digital transformation. As we grow, we stay true to what we love: quality software, technological innovation, and creative collaboration.