We are currently seeking an intermediate Support Developer to troubleshoot, maintain, and improve existing Spiria client applications from Western Canada on a fully remote basis. The Post-Production Development and Support Team is responsible for post-production maintenance, irregular development, and support for all internal and external Spiria client products. The successful candidate will have to independently prioritize and manage issues directly with multiple clients, solve challenging problems, and modify or write new code in multiple languages on multiple platforms as necessary.
As Application Support Developer at Spiria, you will...
- Write, modify, review, optimize and debug code.
- Participate in testing and quality control activities as contemplated in the testing strategy.
- Focus on incremental improvements and correcting production issues for existing applications.
- Communicate with clients in a concise, accurate and polite manner, both orally and in writing, in English and in French.
- Display flexibility and good judgment to bridge major differences between tasks, technologies and clients, several times a day.
- Be autonomous and proactive in learning new skills to adapt to constantly evolving needs.
- Optimize time to manage client priorities during busy periods, while turning to special projects, “backlog” tasks, maintaining client app documentation, self-directed training (skills development), etc., during downtime.
- Use various resources to efficiently resolve specific problems (for example, enlist the help of a colleague who is familiar with the technology).
The Must Haves:
- Fluent in English and/or French
- Min. 3+ years of work experience in software development;
- Demonstrate flexibility, good judgment, maturity, and a desire to learn new technologies.
- Be independent and resourceful, but also be a helpful teammate;
- Be a clear, concise and courteous communicator with your colleagues as well as with clients.
The Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of JS Frameworks such as Angular, React, Node, Django;
- And/or knowledge of Mobile Development on iOS and Android;
- And/or knowledge of a CMS such as ProcessWire, Drupal, or WordPress;
- And/or knowledge of some DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Docker, TeamCity, Bitbucket and Jira.
- And/or knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
How we like to give back
- A fun, motivating work environment (brand new offices with a gym and a coffee, etc...);
- Flexible schedule and remote work policy;
- Several different learning and development opportunities;
- Interesting and diverse projects;
- Constant supply of fruits, juice and coffee (because coffee = code!)
Get to know us!
Powered by a passion for technology, Spiria designs and develops custom digital solutions for industry leaders who want to run better businesses, deliver more value to their customers and generate growth through digital transformation. As we grow, we stay true to what we love: quality software, technological innovation, and creative collaboration.