Issue with ASP.NET MVC Version 18.104.22.168. Security Update and How to Fix it
I experienced an issue after downloading a new version of the Microsoft MVC framework DLL. I want to quickly share my solution with you.
I was using version 3 of the ASP.Net MVC framework, and the problem arose after I performed the following Windows update : Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Security Update MS14-059.
- References to the "System.Web.Mvc" DLL were unavailable in Visual Studio.
Solution compilation failed with the following error message*:
- Html\HtmlExtentions.cs(15, 59): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'HtmlHelper' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Html\HtmlExtentions.cs(15, 17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MvcHtmlString' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
*Or other such error message having to do with missing elements from the MVC library.
WARNING: DO NOT try to manually change the references, the file or the configurations. You’ll just create new referencing or DLL version problems!
- Update all projects with references to "System.Web.Mvc" using the Package manager console and the following instruction: Install-Package Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc -Version <version> -Project PROJECTNAME
- Use the following versions if needed: MVC 4 version: 4.0.40804.0 MVC 3 version: 3.0.50813.1.
You like this article?
Don't miss one!
our weekly newsletter.