Weekly Recap: Pink MacBook, Magic Leap, Matrice 600, AAduino, HoverCart, etc.
Rise of the Rose
You dreamt it, Apple delivered: the 12-inch Retina MacBook is now available in pink, or “rose gold”, to be more precise. It sells for CA$1,550 for the 1.1-GHz, 256-gb model, or CA$1,900 for the 1.1-GHz, 512-gb model.
⇨ Ars Technica, “Apple spruces up its one-ported MacBook with Skylake and rose gold.”
Just Another Day in Augmented Reality
The elusive startup Magic Leap has just produced a video of what it thinks augmented reality could look like on a daily basis. The company says that no special effects or other visual effects have been used in the filming of this movie, using a prototype of their technology.
DJI Matrice 600
The Matrice 600 (M600) is DJI’s new flying drone designed for professional aerial photography and industrial applications. Maximum payload is 6 kg. From 4 599 USD.
Johan Kanflo has come up with a clone of the Arduino card the size of an AA battery, complete with an ATMega328p megacontroller cadencé à 8 MHz. The Arduino is powered by two AA batteries, while the card communicates through an RFM69C ISM radio module. Brilliant!
⇨ TechCrunch, “Mad scientist shrinks Arduino to size of an AA battery.”
⇨ Johan Kanflo, “The AAduino.”
Antbo, the Hexapodal Robug
Antbo is a small educational robot with a “sixy” design loosely based on hexapodal insects. It is currently available as a preorder on Indigogo for US$69.
Shocked and Alarmed
Shock Clock is a bracelet that will rouse you by electrocution. This shocking gadget communicates via Bluetooth with your phone, on which a preloaded application (iOS and Android) allows you to program your alarm. If you prefer to start your day on a less amusing footing, you can also set it to ring or vibrate.
⇨ Indigogo, “Shock Clock.”
Spanish mattress company Durmet has created the Smarttress, a mattress that claims to track any lovin' that happens when you're not in it. The mattress can tell the difference between your dog jumping on it and people having sex.
⇨ Igeneration, “Smarttress : le matelas cafteur contre l’infidélité.”
⇨ HuffPost, “Smarttress can tell you if your partner is cheating on you.”
Move over HoverBoard, here comes the HoverCart, the latest smart and hip piece of camping equipment. With this gear, you’ll be the envy of the campground! Also available with a cooler trailer attachment.
⇨ Mashable, “Hoverboards are over, but the HoverCart is kinda genius.”
- YouTube launches live 360-degree video: http://goo.gl/2wEGrK
- Achievement locked. Microsoft ceases Xbox 360 production: http://goo.gl/3aGh4Q — The 12 greatest Xbox 360 games: https://goo.gl/AeF57V
- WWDC 2016 runs June 13-17, according to Siri: http://goo.gl/EW4M99
- Intel announces it’s slashing 12,000 jobs: http://goo.gl/6YifkC
- Ten best features coming to Windows 10 with the Anniversary update: http://goo.gl/Sy91XA
- Here's how hackers may have pull off the $81 million Bangladesh central bank heist: http://goo.gl/RS4Ih6
- Flexible camera wraps around objects to capture 360-degree views: http://goo.gl/TKbBr4
- Root, the robot that helps students understand programming: http://goo.gl/mGJbrp
You like this article?
Don't miss one!
our weekly newsletter.